If you experience any symptoms such as fever, coughing or respiratory discomfort, you need to contact your family doctor or the Emergency medical service by phone: +47 116117.
Akershus University Hospital follows national advice and guidelines from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
If you cannot find an answer to your question, you can call the Directorate of Health's information at helpline 815 55 015.
Information and specific advice about coronavirus (fhi.no)
Everyone who comes to Akershus University Hospital (Ahus) will be checked before being allowed to enter the hospital. This practice is being implemented to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
Patients should come to their scheduled appointment if no other message has been received. Contact the hospital if you:
- have recently been abroad or if you are in quarantine
- have had contact with someone infected with corona
- live in the same household as people with respiratory symptoms who have been abroad
- have respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, wheezing)
No visitors policy
To avoid the spread of coronavirus, Akershus University Hospital has implemented a strickt visitors policy.
Only close family members (1-2 people), can visit the wards and patients at this time, after consulting the department/polyclinic over the phone. The number of visitors will continue to be reduced to protect against the spread of coronavirus.
Only one visit per day:
- The visit should not exceed 1 hour if the patient is in a single room
- The visit should not exceed 30 minutes if the patient is sharing a room. Only one visit allowed at a time.
You may be asked to provide your name and phone number for infection tracking purposes. Answering this is voluntary.
- Patients who need a companion may have a close family member or relative with them in the hospital during the stay.
- Relatives of seriously ill and dying patients.
- Companion to women giving birth.
- Children up to 18 years of age can have with a parent or guardian.
Any individual who has visited areas abroad or been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of coronavirus, must not visit the hospital unless it is strictly necessary.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Brochures and videos
Brochures and videos about coronavirus in other languages (fhi.no)
Brochure about social distancing in other languages (fhi.no)
Brochures and videos about home quarantine and home isolation in other languages (fhi.no)
Information about coronavirus in other languages (oslo.kommune.no)
Coronavirus in Norway (helsenorge.no)